Pulsar2D is the successor of EGSL. It has some extensive game making
features. It is, however, most suitable for retro like games.
Pulsar 2D is a game development framework for use with BASIC, Pascal or
Here are some of Pulsar’s features:
- All rendering is based on SDL2 which gives us on most platforms
hardware accelerated graphics
- Programming can be done with Lua
5.2 or Free Pascal 3.0.0
or FreeBASIC 1.0.5 and
- Simple animation system
- Simple particles system
- Simple usage of bitmap (pixel) fonts.
- Multiple windows support
- A lot of built-in functions gives you access to graphics, sound and
- Several helper functions for use with Lua
- Crossplatform development for Windows and Linux (MacOS in the near
future, eventually in the far future RaspberryPi, Android and iOS)
- It is 100% free and licensed under the zLib license, so you can use
it for any purposes even for commercial ones.
- Program in Lua, Pascal or in BASIC. Use the same functions in all
- Now two built-in 8x8 pixel bitmap fonts (Serif and Sansserif).
If you want to use Pulsar2D with FreePascal or FreeBASIC you’ll need to
download the source code.
Games made with Pulsar2D
- Work in progress - no download available for now
Copyright © 2016 by Markus Markus